Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Swaps galore

What a great weekend! Friday night a friend stopped over and we did some  creating. Saturday I attended a 13-hour scrapbook event (what a FUN time!) then Sunday I did a little more on my own. 

Saturday I was able to complete a swap that consisted of 15 card fronts and 2 months of ATCs - 8 each. 

This first was for the 15 card fronts  swap. For whatever reason I knew exactly what I wanted to do as soon as I knew about the swap. Wish it was always that easy! LOL   The "thank you" is raised for dimension. Once I added the thank you, I looked at them and it just didn't look finished. It needed something. After I rounded the corners I knew that was it - it then looked complete. 

This next was for last December's ATC swap. The theme was: "Leaves".  When I think of leaves I think of Fall so it could also be the perfect fall idea too. Each leaf was done in a different fall color but they were all distressed around the edges to add a little more fallish look to it and are all raised to add a little real ness. 

The last is for January's ATC and this theme was "Coffee".  The "lace ribbon" was suppose to give the look that the cup is sitting on a table and the dotted background was intended as a wallpaper background. Hmmmm whatcha think? They say Miss U and each have a different color flower with a gem stone in the center. Ha the other 7 participants will have to fight over which color they're getting! LOL The cups are raised and have sparklies on them.  Most of you probably have realized that I like dimension and sparklies on my creations. :)

 I had other things I had wished to have gotten through but with eating, chatting, learning from others and teaching things to others and looking at everyone else's wonderful projects - where does the time go! Looking forward to another fun-filled event sometime. Or maybe I'll host one. ??? 

Hope you like and thanks for looking! 











No comments:

Post a Comment